2022-08-04 - Designers' July Silo Compensation Report

Title: 2022-08-04 - Designers’ July Silo Compensation Report

This report includes compensation request for the month of July based on the YAM ReOrg Silo and it’s 3 month Grant Request (June-August) YAM ReOrg 3 month Grant Request (June-August) - #2 by ross

Rate: Range 20 to 30 hrs/week = $6,800 minimum and $10,200 maximum per month (compensation based on $85 per hr).

Time-frame: July 1st - July 22th.

Hours Worked: 110 hrs at $85 per hr = $9,350.
Total amount to be split 70% in USDC and 30% in YAM at the 30-day TWAP price on the first day of the month after the month for which compensation is being requested.

Wallet for payment: 0x3fdced6b5c1f176b543e5e0b841cb7224596c33c

Background

Designer has been contributing to Yam since near its inception. This report is for the second month (out of three months) of work performed under the Yam Reorg Silo initial grant.

Goals

To craft a coherent narrative and body of communications of the Yam Re-Org.

Work Done

In July, I finished the series of 4 articles providing documentation of the problem solving process and the final conclusions for the Yam Re-Org. Those articles will be published in the soon to be launched Yam Replanted website.

Also in July, I developed a 5th article “Yam Grants: An Overview” explaining what the new Yam DAO model is and how it works. This was an ambitious task as it involved crafting all of the ideas and complex process into a unified and easy to digest and read article. I also devised visuals for a step-by-step section in the 5th article to help simplify and explains the entire Yam Grants process in a single article. These six steps cover the interrelationship and specific role of the three main participants: 1)Yam token holders, 2) Grant applicants and 3) Gov-Ops. Each step also has a detailed set of sub steps that are nested within each of the six major steps. This article will be finalized and ready for publishing in August.

Article #5 Yam Grants: An Overview

In addition, I created a 6th article " Yam Grants: Gov-Ops Council" which explains what Gov-Ops is, how it works, a FAQ section, tasks and responsibilities, code of conduct, and more. This article on Gov-Ops is key document for the Gov-Ops Council members to use as a guide for their activities and members. The intention for this article is to serve as a useful guide for all participants who will interface with Gov-Ops by fostering alignment around processes and expectations. The Gov-Ops article will be finalized and ready for publishing in August.

Article #6 Yam Grants: Gov-Ops Council

Silo Collaboration

I’ve continued a close inner silo collaboration with @ross – continuing to refine the Grants/Silo process, the Gov-Ops construct and next steps for launching the new Yam model asap. Additionally, we spent time planning next steps for communicating and promoting Yam Grants, as well as exploring what kind of projects could serve to bootstrap Yam’s visibility, reputation and credibility. More on that later.

In the month of July I amped up collaboration with @chilly and his Design Studio Silo. This included input on how to best interpret the drawings I did for the articles so they accurately and effectively communicate the core ideas that they are intended for. I also provided design and conceptual direction on the graphics and branding so that to reflect an appropriate look and feel for the subject matter and essence of the new Yam model – while maintaining a link to the legacy Yam branded materials that are still being used.

Lessons Learned

As the Yam Re-Org silo goes into its third month and the new Yam structure is hitting a milestone of completeness (the Yam Replanted website will launch in August) it is clear that now is time to shift into implementation of Yam Grants on a broader basis, to get the word out and to develop strategies for projects that can bootstrap Yam.

In the month of August Article #5 and #6 will be completed and published. I had planned to write two other articles, one on Deliverables and one on Compensation, but both of those have been combined into article #5 which helped to create a more integrated approach for these subjects. The remainder of August will be dedicated to getting Yam Grants implemented and start thinking about marketing and branding strategies.

2 Likes