Total = $12,250

Pay split is 70/30 USDC/YAM
YAM 30 Day TWAP rate is 0.145 USD/YAM

$12,250 * .7 = 8,575 USDC
($12,250 * .3) / 0.145 = 25,345 YAM

Wallet for payment:

0x88c868B1024ECAefDc648eb152e91C57DeA984d0

Background

I work on YAM full time and have focused on improving the operations, organizational structure, and efficiency of YAM. I have also contributed project management and design work for the YAM website and YAM Synths, both conceptual and front end. I have started doing more development work, fixing problems with the website and trying to build useful tools for the DAO. My original employment proposal is located here: Full-time contributor request for Ross

Goals

I am continuing to work on designing and specifying a model for YAM that allows for more accountability and flexibility around how work gets done. This entails changes to project structure as well as the structure for the day to day functioning of YAM. My goal is to turn YAM into a truly decentralized organization that does not rely on any specific group of contributors to succeed. In the last month I have transitioned from the writing and design side of things, into trying to implement some of the tools that the DAO can use to operate the new system. More information in the next section.

YAM Reorg Work

Other Work

YAM website

I made a number of changes to the main YAM website which have now been merged and can be seen here: https://yam.finance. These changes build on what I submitted last month, making the navigation better.

• navigation upgrades
  • fixed broken links
  • updated emoji headers to match governance page
  • redesigned the addresses page
  • other cosmetic changes.

You can see the changes here: https://github.com/yam-finance/yam-www/commits/develop

Next month I hope to tackle the charts and data for treasury assets to get that working and simplify it.

Voting with UMA - Yambassadors

Oversaw the testing and deployment of UMA to a contract that lets a contributor vote with the DAO’s UMA. Successfully voted, claimed rewards, and have moved the process on to the next step, which is to send the rest of the UMA to this contract.

Next month I need to put together documentation on the process and what is needed to vote with the UMA, as well as a create a proposal to be the “designated voter” for the DAO.

Misc Other

Lessons Learned

I have been enjoying my forays into coding and development work. It is a nice change of pace, and in the long term will help me be a better contributor to the DAO because I will be able to do more, and also will understand the scope of different types of work. I am not a great dev, but at this point, the DAO needs people who are willing to get their hands dirty and just do it. I would like to continue to grow my repertoire of skills and take on small task related to things that the DAO needs fixed.

1 Like

Hello, to understand what i need to proceed with here you mention $12,862 while the onchain was submitted to be max up to $11,900, am i missing something?

Please check and let me know, thank you.

Hey E.

The range you quote above is for request for 25-35 hours of work done on the YAM Re-Org Silo work @ $85/hr. I worked 25 hours per week on it, for 4.2 weeks (how long June was). This comes out to 25 * 4.2 * 85 = $8925 for the work done on the YAM ReOrg Silo. The “max” is for how much I would bill for the YAM Re-Org Silo work.

Although looking at my proposal, it seems I assumed the month to be 4 weeks long exactly. So, because of that, I can reduce the amount requested to $8,500 for the Re-Org work to match the proposal.

I worked an additional 15 Hours on what I have characterized as “Other Work”, which can be reviewed above, and I billed at my prior rate of $62.5 hour. So 15 * 4.2 * 62.5 = $3937.5 for that work. But in the same spirit as above, I will amend for a 4 week month, which would make the compensation 15 * 4 * 62.5 = $3750 which is in line with my prior rate of 10k/month.

Add those together and the final amount should be 3750 + 8500 = $12250

I will adjust my post above.

ok thank you for the update