Delegate Option: Nate

Hey! I’m sure most of you’ve all seen me around. I’m Nate. I’ve been involved with Yam since very early on writing smart contracts, crafting proposals, helping people out, etc.

I’m posting to give people the option, and the know-how, to delegate their YAMs to me. What does this mean? Delegation is how you assign your voting power to someone. You can delegate your YAMs to any account, and that account will inherit the voting power from your account. To vote for yourself, you even need to delegate to yourself (this is what the registration on yam.finance refers to). The YAMs stay in your wallet at all times, and delegating them doesn’t lock them from being transferred.

What would I do with your delegation? 2 things, really

First off, I would vote. I am very active in the Yam community, I’ve followed every proposal that has gone through, and I always make sure I understand what I’m voting on before making a decision. I am open to opinions, listen to arguments, but vote based on facts. I vote with the intent of making Yam as successful as it can be.

Secondly, if I gain enough delegated votes, I will be able to create on-chain proposals. Currently there is only one person that has both sufficient voting power and the technical know-how to create on-chain proposals. This isn’t bad in itself, but having multiple people able to create on-chain proposals will help with decentralization. Since governance also limits the number of active on-chain proposals an account can have at a time to 1, it also means we will be able to work more asynchronously, have multiple active on-chain proposals at a time if need be, and not need to bundle as many things into each on-chain proposal.

I’m happy to answer any questions regarding this matter here or on Discord. Instructions for delegation of regular YAM and of YAM that you are farming with are as follow, if you wish to do so. Note that these actions do create transactions, so will cost you gas

For YAM directly in your wallet:

1. Go to the YAM token contract, https://etherscan.io/token/0x0aacfbec6a24756c20d41914f2caba817c0d8521#writeContract
  2. Click “Connect to Web3”, and connect your wallet
  3. Click Function #9 named delegate, put my address (0xEC3281124d4c2FCA8A88e3076C1E7749CfEcb7F2) where it says delegatee
  4. Click “Write”. Sign the transaction and submit it

For YAM that you are using to farm, it’s essentially the same but on the incentivizer contract instead:

1. Go to the YAM incentivizer contract, https://etherscan.io/address/0xd67c05523d8ec1c60760fd017ef006b9f6e496d0#writeContract
  2. Click “Connect to Web3”, and connect your wallet
  3. Click Function #1 named delegate, put my address (0xEC3281124d4c2FCA8A88e3076C1E7749CfEcb7F2) where it says delegatee
  4. Click “Write”. Sign the transaction and submit it
5 Likes