E Contributor Comp

E Contributor Comp

Summary

Currently as we have discussed changes in terms of how we pay contributors, based off of their focuses, this proposal is for E to continue with his research alongside feedback collection from the community, to form a well suitable yam core development plan and move forward with it, scoped with updated docs that were started on, this proposal also includes other recurring focuses that E normally handles.

Abstract

Background: Contributions E has made to Yam are numerous from the very beginning of the launch to date, focusing mostly on its core development, stability and security with facilitating and assisting every contributor we ever had on Yam. E believes for yam to gain further values, on a protocol level it must accomplish several milestones and be up to the level and base standards to lead by example (as uniswap aave compound optimism uma chainlink and others …), which from comes the main purpose of the yam dev documents that E has been working on and recently posted for further feedback collection. E believe going through this path will give yam a solid core yet a scalable and attractive model with value add long term.

A. Yam Core Development (Planning)

For June and July, as i have already begun will continue progressing on figuring out the long term core vision of the yam protocol development plan as outlined on the Yam Core Development, Yam Protocol Multichain and the linked docs. My main objective prior getting into any dev work is to complete forming the mentioned with further planning, specifications and timeline updates. Which from and once fully scoped, i am going to propose and proceed with to entirely start focusing on.

B. Yam Infrastructure

For the next 3 quarters (Q3, Q4 2022, Q1 2023), i will continue maintaining infrastructure, services upkeep and the onchain activity in terms of proposal contracts development, testing, deployments, proposing, execution and following up through, as well for basic assistance, data collection from snapshots and individuals to progress forward. This however does not include things that consists of feature implementation, for example the creation of another contract or a focus that it can relate to, although i will give a feedback to whichever extent of my ability in terms of ideating around a feature request. This includes the usual of being there and help facilitate things.

For June and July:

• Goals:
    1. Finalize / update the core development plan.
    2. Collect feedback from the community.
    3. Finalize the high level specs / timeline to proceed with the development.
    4. Maintaining monthly the mentioned specifications under “B. Yam Infrastructure”.
  • Comp: E monthly rate of $9917 in USDC and $4250 in YAM tokens based on the 30day avg value.

Recurring, after finishing with (A.):

• Goals: Maintaining monthly the mentioned specifications under “B. Yam Infrastructure”.
  • Comp: Monthly rate of $3850 in USDC and $1650 in YAM tokens based on the 30day avg value.

@e: Note i am pushing to finalize the plan as mentioned in A. and sooner, to then start with it around July, taking into account any changes needed which for i would revisit this section with an update accordingly. Now focusing on both Yam Core Development (Planning) and Yam Infrastructure, then once finished with A. around July i will proceed with the upcoming development while i keep maintaining the Yam Infrastructure.

Specification

Proceeding with an onchain proposal to send E the related comps as specified above.

I appreciate the fact that you’ve taken the initiative to work on the long term core vision for Yam. Before you commit more of your time and Yam’s resources I believe the approval from the general Yam token holders is appropriate.

As far as my personal opinion after reading over your Yam Core Development and Yam Protocol Multichain, I do not support spending any more Yam resources on these items until we have a more definitive requirements, goals and benefits for Yam.

Thank you, yes working on that.

I have partially started (and then paused) on the development (the prototype was a test only), and currently what im focusing on is exactly going to get us to this point “have a more definitive requirements, goals and benefits for yam”, with scope and timeframe, which only after ill be resuming on developing.

Post updated and snapshotted.

Hey E,

The way this is structured is still confusing to me, and it would be clearer if this were broken out into separate proposals:

Proposal 1:

What you currently have as “B: YAM infrastructure” as one funding request. As you mention, this is ongoing work like maintenance, on-chain transactions, etc and is needed to make sure YAM keeps running. We need this work to be done whether or not the plan for YAM Core Development continues as is, or is modified, or whatever. Responsibilities, hours expected to work, etc should be documented here.

While we figure out how this kind of work is going to proceed in the future (by elected council or something else) the easiest path forward is to create a temporary infrastructure silo that includes the work that you are proposing. It would also include the work that I do in review and moderation, among other things. And the work that @mona does in moderation and translation. We can all have separate grants within the silo with our scope of work, pretty much exactly as you are proposing in you recurring section.

Proposal 2:

This is what you currently have for “A. YAM Core Development.” It should follow the same structures of the other silos and considered separately from the recurring work that you are applying for in Proposal 1. This proposal would start with the creation of a new silo (project) and upon approval of that silo, the creation of a specification document, as you mention in your post. Because this will be a pretty comprehensive and large undertaking, this document should be very clear about what is included in the work and used as a tool for the DAO to understand what kind of upgrades are important.

Separating these will make it much easier to understand what the DAO is funding and make it easier to have more granular discussions about what development infrastructure the DAO needs. We need to break things down into their constituent parts to then put them together into a big cohesive whole. And as I’ve mentioned to you, I want to help with this!

E Contributor Comp Jun-Aug

Summary

Currently as we have discussed changes in terms of how we pay contributors, based off of their focuses, this proposal is for E to continue with his research alongside feedback collection from the community, forming a well suitable yam core development plan to proceed with the developments and to form the operations team that will support yam stability.

Abstract

@e: Working on constructing the development plan with top most priorities we need including to other elements i described in the Yam Core Development, where it will be split into smaller pieces to eventually get us to the long term vision that i have been discussing and pushing for. Ultimately a simplified high level timeline will be there to display most of its contents. In addition to working with the team for us to finalize and form the operations council with what will be ongoing, to generally be organized in support of the yam protocol, where i also include my responsibilities for infrastructure and maintenance.

• Goals:
    • Collect feedback and priorities from the community.
    • Update and finalize the first piece of the core development plan.
    • Create the high level dev timeline and begin with the first part.
    • Form the operations council and continue infrastructure maintenance.
  • Comp: E fulltime monthly comp rate of $9917 in USDC and $4250 in YAM tokens based on the 30day avg value.
  • Covers: Jun-Aug 2022. (As we figure things out, i will revisit the goals with a potential update to begin with the developments around July and for August).

Note: Pushing to finalize the development plan the sooner to begin with it around July, for the operations i believe we can have it ready by mid July.

Specification

Proceeding with an onchain proposal to send the related comps as specified above.

Considering most of June’s work that you have done, ie Yam Core Development and Priorities that you yourself decided to do without approval. I do not support a multimonth compensation package for you. That being said, I believe you are trying to work within the new framework and being more publicly transparent I would approve June’s compensation as a olive branch for you to continue working with the current direction of Yam and team members.

Feddas

E Contributor Comp Jun-Jul

Summary

Currently as we have discussed changes in terms of how we pay contributors, based off of their focuses, this proposal is for E to continue with his research alongside feedback collection from the community, forming a well suitable yam core development plan to proceed with the developments and to form the operations team that will support yam stability.

Abstract

@e: Working on constructing the development plan with top most priorities we need including to other elements i described in the Yam Core Development, where it will be split into smaller pieces to eventually get us to the long term vision that i have been discussing and pushing for. Ultimately a simplified high level timeline will be there to display most of its contents. In addition to working with the team for us to finalize and form the operations council with what will be ongoing, to generally be organized in support of the yam protocol, where i also include my responsibilities for infrastructure and maintenance.

• Goals:
    • Collect feedback and priorities from the community.
    • Update and finalize the first piece of the core development plan.
    • Create the high level dev timeline and begin with the first part.
    • Form the operations council and continue infrastructure maintenance.
  • Comp: E fulltime monthly comp rate of $9917 in USDC and $4250 in YAM tokens based on the 30day avg value.
  • Covers: Jun-Jul 2022. (As we figure things out, i will revisit the goals with a potential update to begin with the developments around July and for August).

Note: Pushing to finalize the development plan the sooner to begin with it around July, for the operations i believe we can have it ready by mid July.

Specification

Proceeding with an onchain proposal to send the related comps as specified above.

Updated and snapshotted.