Eliminate the price gap between YAMV2 and YAMV3(YAM)

YIP Title Goes Here
YAMV3 Price Protection
Basic Summary

1. Allow people migrate V3 into V2 in order to eliminate the huge price gap between V2 and V3
  2. Or set up a time frame for V2 owner to migrate their V2 into V3.

Abstract
Since there is huge price gap between V2 and V3, V2 owners have no motivation to migrate their yam V2 into YAMV3(YAM). As a result, the usage of Yamv3(yam) will be restricted, and it will have negative impact on the development of Yam.

Motivation
So far there is a huge price gap bewteen YAMV3 and YAMV2. To protect the benefits of V3 owner and to promote the development of YAM program. I think it is necessary to find a way to eliminate the price gap between V2 and V3. As a result people will have motivation to migrate their V2 into V3.

Specifications

1. Allow people migrate V3 into V2 based on the same ratio as people migrate V2 into V3.
  2. Or set up a time frame for V2 owner to migrate their V2 into V3. (One month for example)

Poll to Measure Sentiment

1 Like

This is impossible. v2 is a vanilla erc20, there’s no functionality that v3 could use to migrate backwards

Then we should set up a time frame to force V2 owner to migrate into V3. Look at today’s price, V2 grows almost 100% while V3 remains stable (before rebase). In addition, the main exchange support V2 trade not V3.

1 Like

Terrible idea. I do not see why it is necessary to tear V2 down in order to build Yam up. You would do better to build up the Yam you love than tear down others.
I do not see proposals on YFI.finance to destroy YFII.finance, instead they wish them the very best.

1 Like

This is not possible. Locking this.