Formalize Yam Treasury % Allocation for Yam Ecosystem Development (including developer pay) / Investment Strategy
We’ve been discussing this but I don’t see a thread for it, so here it is:
From @rossgalloway and @Kris2f:
Determine the treasury’s % allocation that are needed for the sustainability of YAM Protocol; these include ecosystem funds/developments, core and contributing teams, future employees, etc.
Treasury Investment Strategy Allocation.
We need to determine an allocation % of the treasury that can be directed towards sustainability of YAM and ecosystem.
% of treasury that can be used to invest in other assets like stable-coins / ETH / Set protocol Defi Fund and ect. More info here: Formalize a treasury investing strategy and allocation
If we can organize the treasury it will attract future investors that will add value and grow the treasury. The treasury is one of the mantelpieces of the Yam protocol. No one wants to invest in Yam and its ecosystem if we cannot properly self govern the treasury.
For Yam sustainability I’ve seen discussion on a number of different topics which we should include in the cost:
- Paying the original developers that put all this together.
- Paying the on-going developers that we need to implement the expanded Yam protocol ie. rageQuit(), the new Yam/ETH incentivizer, Yam crop protection
- Ecosystem development, ie. hackathon
- And more to be discussed.
Investment strategy allocation initial discussions seems to lean towards a more aggressive strategy than current stablecoin yield from yUSD, which APY has been diminishing. My opinion is that this needs to be done in a thoughtful organized fashion. Here’s the current proposal to formalize the strategy: Formalize a treasury investing strategy and allocation
Poll to Measure Sentiment
- Greater than 50% should go to Yam Ecosystem Development
- 50% Yam Ecosystem Development / 50% Asset Allocation Strategy (tbd)
- Greater than 50% should go to Asset Allocation Strategy (tbd)