Role and Responsibilities: Community Lead
- Bridge the gap between the core team and wider community, improve communications with a two-way dialogue.
- Ensure the community remains at the heart of all developments and product decisions.
- Maximize the community’s potential for growth with new initiatives and a constant focus on driving value to YAM token holders.
- Empower the community to play an active role as incentivized participants in the DAO.
5000 yUSD and 1666 YAM monthly.
Biography + Skills and Experience:
- Marketing background in traditional finance, four years working in the Ethereum ecosystem, including marketing, communications and community growth.
- DeFi native with a strong understanding of both the industry and user needs. Skills include communications (written and verbal), strategy and execution.
- Previous experience playing a foundational role at a leading DeFi protocol with a clear growth impact, handling communications, content strategy, and community growth.
Value Add to Yam Team:
- Spearhead all efforts to grow the Yam community and engagement with Yam products. Guarantee a continued focus on both users and the YAM token itself at all levels of operations.
- Kickstart initiatives to establish an engaged community, including content, open workshops, community contests.
- Ensure all product development, brand development and communications serve and empower the existing community and YAM token.
- Bridge the gap between existing communities with a multi-language approach, ensuring no community is left behind.
- Leverage a long history of connections within the DeFi ecosystem to rapidly scale community growth with both collaboration, partnerships, and deployment of Yam products.
- Bridge the barrier between the wider community and core contributors, empowering community members as participants and maximizing engagement by ensuring interest-alignment.
- Serve as a representative for the DAO with media/ podcasts/ publicity.
What I’ve Done For Yam:
- Redesigned and produced the weekly newsletter ‘Yam Brief’
- Restructured the Discord server, with a focus on simplicity and value addition (tip bot, price bots, re-structure of channels)
- Hosted the community call and reformat, with a focus on attracting new attendees and bridging DeFi communities with well-known guests.
- Established connections between external DeFi communities to showcase the value of Yam Finance products and community and introduce new members.
- Collaborated on marketing and branding efforts to refocus the Yam narrative and prioritize YAM community members.
- Created valuable and regular content for the Twitter account, driving forward the Yam narrative.
- Collaborated on product development to maximize user satisfaction and YAM holder interest-alignment.
- Helped establish the Museum of Fine Yams to reward community members with NFTs.
- Served as a welcoming Discord moderator available around the clock.
What I’m planning to do for Yam:
- Continue to initiate and drive efforts to grow the the Yam community and product engagement.
- Regular content, marketing, product development and active community presence all fall within this mandate.
- Continue to connect and collaborate with leading DeFi communities to bootstrap Yam Finance community and product growth.
- Continue to connect with the marketing, growth, creative and developer departments, ensuring community and the YAM token are the primary focus.
- Continue to serve as a primary point of contact for community members to connect with the core team, ensuring community voices are always heard and accounted for at all levels of development.