Specific Architecture (Ross) Contributor Compensation Request

Title: 220404- Specific Architectures (Ross) contributor compensation request

Rate: Monthly Rate is $7000 in USDC with 5,952 YAM Streamed Per Month. YAM is included in stream to be stopped this month.

USDC Amount Backup: Snapshot
Yam Amount Backup: Snapshot

Time-frame: Month of March

Hours Worked: 8hrs x 23 days = 184 hrs

Wallet for payment: 0x88c868B1024ECAefDc648eb152e91C57DeA984d0

Background

I am a full time contributor who has been working on improving the operations, organizational structure, and efficiency of YAM. I have also been contributing design work for YAM Synths, both conceptual and front end. My original employment proposal is located here: Full-time contributor request for Ross

Goals

I have been working on redefining and specifying a structure for YAM that allows for more accountability and flexibility around how work gets done. This entails changes to project structure as well as the structure for the day to day functioning of YAM. My goal is to turn YAM into a truly decentralized organization that does not rely on any specific group of contributors to succeed.

Work Done

YAM Reorg

Yam Synths
YAM synths is in a holding pattern right now. I had some discussions with Snake about it and will focus on it again after the re-org work.

Misc. Other

• Coordination and strategy around solving the issues with the Vesting pool, including YIP-107
  • Treasury management research. Research into Gelato and Element as options for using the treasury to earn and distribute yield. Summary here
  • Moderation of Discord and Forum
  • Business Development as it presents itself.
  • Review of proposals and on-chain transactions.

Lessons Learned

The changes that we are trying to make to the DAO are broad and wide reaching. It is easy to get lost in the small details, which slows things down. It is also easy to get stuck in a state of indecisiveness when there is minimal feedback on proposals. In the next month, I plan to work with @designer and @chilly to push the proposal forward and set and end of month deadline to do so.

I hope that this will push us to make sure that the work we are doing is understandable and push the conversation out to a wider audience. It will also hopefully force us to look at the parts of the change that have not been fully fleshed out and try to do so.