YAM Core Team and Community Incentive Plan (2020-10-10)

The YAM team and community’s initial incentive plan is generally 100% linked to YAM’s market cap valuation. There is no basic salary, but there is a monthly cap. The general ideas are as follows:

1. All core members and community management under 30 million USD have no salary and compensation.

2. Under $30million ~ $50million mcap, the salary of the core members is limited to 5000YAM per month. The community manager does not have a salary at this level. The total compensation of the core team cannot be above the monthly total limit.

3. Under $50million ~ $100million mcap, the salary of core members is limit to 8,000 YAM per month, and the salary of the community manager is 1,100YAM/person/month. The total compensation of the core team cannot be above the monthly total limit.

4. Under $100million ~ $300million mcap, the salary of core members is limit to 11,000 YAM per month, and the salary of the community manager is 2,000YAM/person/month. The total compensation of the core team cannot be above the monthly total limit.

5. Under $300million ~ $500million mcap, the salary of core members is limit to 14,000 YAM per month, and the salary of the community manager is 1,500YAM/person/month. The total compensation of the core team cannot be above the monthly total limitation.

6. When the YAM mcap reached $1billion, all core members will be awarded a one-time incentive of 100,000 YAM per person which is not limited by the monthly spending limitation.

7. For the cap of monthly spending limitation, which cannot exceed 100,000 YAM per month, regardless of the market value.

8. All other things not listed above, such as to do a salary increase for a certain core member, this requires a vote of the whole community to pass, refer to YFI’s salary increase mechanism.

Poll

• For
  • Against

0 voters

This sounds pretty short sighted. YAM market cap will only grow if there are developers creating value for it. Requiring 2.5x from here before anyone can expect any compensation is kind of ridiculous, YAM would never gain value at that rate

As far as bonus compensation regarding growth targets like this, I think it’s a great idea, but this as the only compensation is unlikely to work. You wont have anyone working on the protocol or future products

1 Like

Let’s NOT directly delete my discuss topic and keep this discuss open. Deleting my topic is not respect the time which I spending on it. It doesn’t heart anyone and just one of the proposal expressed the ideas from Chinese community.

Thanks and I know you have the power to do it!

1 Like

I think bonuses per marketcap level is interesting, but there should be a minimum Dev Fund regardless of marketcap

1 Like

All core members and community management under 30 million USD have no salary and compensation.

Had you considered what might happen if it takes 3 months to reach 30 million? What about 6 months? What about a year? How many people do you think will still be working on the project after a year?

As for the rest of your proposal, I agree that it is generally a good idea to align the teams compensation with the success of the project, which is why there is a proposal with a standard structure for compensating start-up teams.